The Research Assistant (Genetics and Epidemiology) will assist with a research project testing the effectivenes of the drug allopurinol in preventing kidney function loss in diabetes by means of a clinical trial. Interview and examine patients in the clinic communicating to participants the essence and implication of involvement in a clinical trial. Obtain blood samples for lab testing using phlebotomy skills. Process, label, and store blood samples. Record data in electronic databases and hard copy.
- Recruit study participants utilizing mailings and telephone calls, and schedule examination appointments
- Explain to patients the nature of the study and obtain informed consent.
- Interview and examine study participants in clinic or on the phone.
- Process and store samples, transporting these in a safe manner
- Store data in appropriate electronic databases and hard copy
- Work independently to complete projects for deadlines, and report progress to project manager on a regular basis
- Bachelors degree
- Entry level position
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Joslin Diabetes Center - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard