MDRC is seeking a Research Assistant to work in our Low-Wage Workers and Communities policy area and be part of a multi-disciplinary team developing evaluation research on current social policy issues. The new Research Assistant will have the opportunity to support a range of projects focused on improving the lives of low-wage workers and families. Projects include (1) conditional cash transfers programs; (2) work advance/job training models; (3) public housing and employment programs; (4) asset development; and (5) internship programs for young adults.
The position provides the successful candidates the opportunity to work with MDRC teams on a range of organizational and analytical tasks, including:
- Program site support and program development activities
- Implementation research design and field research
- Management, monitoring, and evaluation support of various programs and interventions
- Involvement in various stages of producing reports, proposals, and papers (coordinating across authors, writing, preparing charts and tables, fact-checking, and documentation)
- General project and management support for multiple projects, including scheduling meetings and note-taking
The position is based in MDRC’s New York office. Some on-the-job training is provided; salary contingent upon experience.
- BA/BS in economics, public policy, sociology, or related social science field
- Demonstrated interest in social policy issues, such as workforce development and economic opportunity programs affecting low-income communities
- Basic understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Comfortable working in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Previous experience working in a nonprofit or as a research assistant is a plus
Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employee, MDRC strongly encourages minorities, women, people with disabilities, and veterans to apply. Legal work authorization required.
MDRC - 14 months ago