The Research Assistant participates in the collection, analysis, verbal or statistical data to preparation of reports and studies for use by professional workers in variety of areas such as medical research, business or organizational development. This position is grant funded and dependent on the availability of funds.
Participates in research activities
- Researches sources such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, and statistical records, to obtain data on assigned subject.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities accordingly
- Follows instructions and responds to research supervisors direction
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Analyzes and evaluates applicability of collected data.
- Prepares statistical tabulations on collected data as directed.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in work product.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
- Follows policies and procedures in accordance with ACH and/or ACHRI guidelines.
- Writes reports or presents data in formats such as abstracts, bibliographies, or graphs.
- Writes clearly and informatively, and edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Displays original thinking and creativity.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
• Field of Study: Science, Math or related field
• Experience Substitution: Or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1 year Research experience
Knowldege of Word, Excel programs
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Reach with hands and arms
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
Arkansas Children's Hospital - 13 months ago
Hunt Construction Group
Little Rock, AR
- 5 days ago
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...