Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and a member of Catholic Health East. Since we opened our doors in 1955, the name Holy Cross remains synonymous with medical excellence and highly personalized care with sincere human compassion and understanding.
While spirituality plays an essential role in the way that we minister to our patients, we also maintain state-of-the-art technology, a highly acclaimed medical staff and a variety of innovative services to provide healthcare for the entire family.
Holy Cross is accredited by the Joint Commission and is the first hospital in Broward County to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our many accolades include the 2008 and 2009 U.S. News & World Report "Best Hospital" ranking for Orthopedics and the 2009 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
This is a PDP position on day shift without benefits. Please visit our Career Center Home Page for more about our benefits.
The Research Assistant position is per diem and will support all research endeavors conducted at the Orthopedic Research Institute. Responsibilities include but not limited to assisting with retrospective/prospective chart reviews/data entry, literature searches on related topics, and abstract/manuscript preparation as needed.
- Retrospective and prospective data extraction from medical records
- Clinical and safety related data collection and reporting
- Scientific/Clinical literature searches
Experience & Skills:
· 1 – 2 years of medical office experience
· Experience in orthopedics preferred but not required
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel required
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to effectively communicate with physicians, nurses, patients and families is essential
· Excellent organizational skills are required
· Short distance driving may be required on some occasions
· Current BLS Certification from the American Heart Association