NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a qualified Research Assistant to support the Public Health Department. This position is responsible for conducting literature reviews; statistical analyses of primary and secondary data; and prepare memos, tables and graphs based on findings. In addition, this position is responsible for playing a central role in maintaining administrative records.
- Provide general research support related to social science (e.g. public health and health policy research) on assignments of low to moderate complexity.
- Conduct literature reviews, statistical analysis of primary and secondary data and prepares memos, tables, and graphs based on findings under supervision of experienced professionals.
- Take notes at meetings and prepare initial draft of minutes. Take notes at telephone/in-person interviews.
- Develop project materials, such as report outlines, visual exhibits for reports, and serving as an editor for deliverables.
- Support business development efforts through coordination of document preparation and reproduction.
- Under the direction of senior staff, support the development of new business by conducting background research on programs, award history, and agency goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree in a Social Science field
- Basic knowledge of the principles, processes, and methods of survey research through reading literature and experience in the field; basic understanding of routine sampling procedures and of quantitative analysis.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong writer
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Adaptable (Project working on has yet to be determined)
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software.
- Occasional travel for site visits and meetings
- Quantitative skills/statistical software package experience not required
- Strong qualitative research skills
To review the benefits associated with this position, click here .
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus and in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, Maryland. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.