Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Exciting opportunity to support on-going basic (animal) and clinical research, including but not limited to experiment support, sample collection and processing, data collection and management.
In this position, you must be willing to work between 6p-6a (12 hour shifts), Monday-Sunday, 84 hours over two weeks.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary responsibilities include:
- Performs assigned technical assays according to established procedures and reports test results.
- Collects, evaluates, and interprets research data to provide needed information to principal investigators and other researchers. Updates notebooks, records, and databases as needed. Stays abreast of new and updated protocols for research department.
- Retrieves time zero blood samples from the Emergency Department/ICU when notified during their work shift.
- Additional time point samples may be assigned as well.
- Process samples in a timely manner in accordance of established experimental requirements and laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Maintain notebooks and electronic database of sample inventory of collected and processed samples.
- Conduct other assigned activities according to research projects.
- Must be a team player as well as a self-starter and ability to complete required tasks with minimal supervision
- Prior laboratory experience highly desired.
If filled at a Research Assistant I level, requires Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in lieu of education. No experience is required with a Bachelor's degree. General Knowledge of research fields.
If filled at a Research Assistant II level, requires
Bachelor's degree in one of the basic sciences or relevant experience in lieu of education. One year of related experience in a research or clinical lab environment.
General Knowledge of research fields. Depending on project(s) bilingual (English/Spanish) skills may be required. Depending on project(s), Certification for Protection of Human Research Subjects may be required or must be completed within 5 days of employment.
- Must have basic computing skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Must have knowledge of basic laboratory procedures and be willing to be fully trained on required equipment.
- Experience in animal experimental models and ELISA assay work preferred.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 24 months ago
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...