Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary responsibilities include:
- preparing for and assisting in sterile surgical procedures.
- support in animal surgery and recovery, to include responsibility of observation period of up to 18 hours in duration.
- analyzing anatomical and physiological data and preparing for and setting up experiments.
- purchasing supplies and maintaining research laboratory.
- histological processing of neural tissue.
- assist in coordinating and directing efforts of other laboratory staff.
Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in lieu of education. General Knowledge of research fields. Depending on project(s) bilingual (English/Spanish) skills may be required. Depending on project(s), Certification for Protection of Human Research Subjects may be required or must be completed within 5 days of employment.
Funding for this position is until August 31, 2013.
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...