Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary responsibilities include:
- preparing for and assisting in sterile surgical procedures.
- support in animal surgery and recovery, to include responsibility of observation period of up to 18 hours in duration.
- analyzing anatomical and physiological data and preparing for and setting up experiments.
- purchasing supplies and maintaining research laboratory.
- histological processing of neural tissue.
- assist in coordinating and directing efforts of other laboratory staff.
Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in lieu of education. General Knowledge of research fields. Depending on project(s) bilingual (English/Spanish) skills may be required. Depending on project(s), Certification for Protection of Human Research Subjects may be required or must be completed within 5 days of employment.
Funding for this position is until August 31, 2013.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 13 months ago