Under general direction of senior research staff, conducts activities to support research projects. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices
Additional Summary Specific to Job
- Conduct research activities under general direction of prinicipal investigator and/or senior research staff, according to research.
- Maintains accurate and timely records to include database management, notebooks, records, etc., as needed by the research project.
- Ability to assist in analyzing research data using specific imaging program and/or soft wares.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of a relational database management system.
- Stays abreast of new and updated protocols for research department.
- Complies with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulation and codes.
- As needed, coordinates the work of laboratory technicians, support staff and other assistants to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results. Answers questions or resolves problems regarding routine or more complex duties.
- Monitors laboratory and/or other supplies to ensure sufficient inventory to support research projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one year related experience or relevant experience in lieu of education. Depending on project(s) bilingual (English/Spanish) skills may be required. Depending on project(s), Certification for Protection of Human Research Subjects may be required or must be complete within 5 days of employment.
Experience with UNIX Operating systems (e.g., Linux) with low-level programming languages (C or C++) and knowledge of MATLAB and/or Python, a plus. Working environment with emphasis on computerized research data preferred.
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...