Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary responsibilities include:
- Mouse work, PCR, and data base administration (Access)
qRT-PCR, running a variety of gels, Western blotting, data analysis.
Running a variety of gels and Western blotting.
- Research activities may include some or all of the following: traditional laboratory experiments and activities, informatics, and/or animal laboratories.
- Maintains accurate and timely records to include notebooks, records, databases, etc. as needed by the research project. Monitors laboratory and/or other supplies to ensure sufficient inventory to support research projects.
- Ensures quality of reagents or other supplies.
- As needed, coordinates the work of laboratory technicians, support staff and other assistants to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results.
- Answers questions or resolves problems regarding routine or more complex duties.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one year related experience or relevant experience in lieu of education. Depending on project(s) bilingual (English/Spanish) skills may be required. Depending on project(s), Certification for Protection of Human Research Subjects may be required or must be complete within 5 days of employment.
Spanish skills may be preferred by department.
- Preference for 2 years of experience.
- May participate in continuing education programs, workshops and seminars.
- Should be organized and able to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills are a necessity.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 17 months ago