Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
An exciting opportunity is available for you to work in the Coordinating Center for Clinical Trials and assist the safety team in the day-to-day activities of processing, coding, and managing adverse events for multiple clinical trials.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary responsibilities include:
- Classify incoming adverse events using MeDRA coding for ongoing research studies.
- Collect, prepare, and submit documentation for adverse event reporting.
- Track and monitor the status of AE and SAE reporting from receipt through finalization.
- Effective communication with site staff as required for clarification and corrections of event reporting.
- Assist in the preparation and writing of research reports, manuscripts, papers and grant proposals for presentation and publication.
- Attend meetings and conference calls to actively participate in the management of safety events in new and ongoing research studies.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one year related experience or relevant experience in lieu of education. Depending on project(s) bilingual (English/Spanish) skills may be required. Depending on project(s), Certification for Protection of Human Research Subjects may be required or must be complete within 5 days of employment.
Knowledge of medical terminology is highly desirable.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 16 months ago