Assists in the project management of multiple studies in order to deliver on our unique ability to use market research to have business impact. Works under general direction while exercising a fair degree of discretionary judgment and initiative. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
TECHNICAL RESEARCH SKILLS: Skills and competencies required to execute market research tasks and processes.
- Manage data collection tasks for a broad range of Market Research studies. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Manage data processing phase of Market Research projects. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Create survey instruments and moderator discussion guides from detailed outlines with supervision.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
PROJECT AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT: Efficiently and effectively managing resources and people to achieve results.
- Prioritize tasks and manage time to effectively contribute to multiple projects in an efficient manner. Follows through on commitments.
- Ability to manage a complete basic study, or significant phases of a complex Market Research study.
- Work effectively in a fast paced and high-performing team environment and with external vendors.
LEADERSHIP: Envisioning desired outcomes and inspiring others to achieve them by acting in ways that enable high performance and foster relationships based on trust.
- Practices good teamwork by sharing the workload and willingly providing assistance. Works well in group problem solving situations. Contributes to a positive team spirit.
- Consistently follows through on commitments and achieves excellent results.
- Uses sound judgment about when to take independent action and when to seek guidance or permission. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
so what?™ THINKING: Driving business impact by persuasively and clearly recommending actions supported by data driven conclusions.
- Discern patterns in data and identify anomalies and potential procedural or quality problems. Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Draft charts, graphs, and exhibits for reports that support an insightful story with guidance from the lead analyst. Translates concepts and information into images.
- Relate day-to-day tasks to bigger picture study objectives.
- Manages administrative aspects of project management such as developing project task plans, negotiating with vendors, and ensuring accurate tracking of costs vs. budget.
- Custom Panel maintenance and management
Education and/or Experience:
B.A. in related field such as Business, Economics, or Social Sciences. M.A. preferred.
At least 1 year of prior experience in market research, preferably with a supplier.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time to effectively contribute to multiple projects simultaneously in an efficient manner. Knowledge of group dynamics. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong leadership and management skills. Good business acumen.