Research Associate/Research Specialist MLT/MT - 2nd Shift
About MPI Research:
MPI Research, with global headquarters in Mattawan, Michigan, provides discovery, safety evaluation, bioanalytical, and analytical services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. Scientific knowledge and experience, integrity, trust, teamwork, and dedication to strong and enduring Sponsor relationships are the defining attributes that characterize MPI Research as a high-performance, high-quality organization that is committed to bringing safer and more effective products to the world. Learn more about how we can exceed your expectations at www.mpiresearch.com.
This position is responsible for performing the technical functions in the clinical pathology laboratory.
Functions include performing sample analyses, as well as performing laboratory support functions, as
necessary. It is expected they will perform assigned technical and administrative functions within the guidelines/requirements outlined in a protocol or Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), thus producing sound, reliable data from which to evaluate the efficacy or toxicity of a test compound. Other functions
may be expected as outlined below.
(Duties & Responsibilities – purpose of the function and result to be accomplished) include but are not limited to those listed:
· Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues and Study Directors.
· Demonstrates commitment to quality.
· Effectively works independently and in a team and demonstrates a commitment to achieving
· Efficiently prioritizes assigned daily workload and uses time productively.
· Punctual and reliable attendance according to MPI Research company policy.
· Adheres to safety procedures at all times.
· Ability to perform accurate analysis on a variety of specimens using both manual and automated
· Ability to perform microscopic evaluations on a variety of specimens.
· Knowledge and application of departmental terminology, policies, procedures, and technical skills in
all areas of the laboratory.
· Effectively and accurately executes study functions per protocol and SOP requirements, collecting,
documenting, reviewing and verifying data accurately on the appropriate form(s) or electronic data
· Maintains positive, helpful, and friendly customer service, to build a strong Customer/Sponsor
allegiance as observed by management.
· Maintains a positive working relationship with peers and management.
· Able to perform core function skills from departmental list for the position as appropriate.
· Research Associate 1- Associate degree with 2-4 years of experience (0-2 years of experience
with ASCP certification). Bachelor degree and 0-2 years of experience
· Research Associate 2- Associate degree with 4-8 years of experience (2-4 years of experience
with ASCP certification). Bachelor degree and 2-4 years of experience (1-3 years of experience with
· Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions and including ability to learn a validated
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings,
weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
· Ability to work under specific time constraints.
· MLT/MT certificate is required.
Benefits at a Glance:
· MPI Research provides the following competitive benefits:
· Three choices of medical coverage, including prescription drug and vision coverage
· Two choices of dental coverage
· Medical and dependent pre-tax flexible spending accounts
· Paid time off bank and holidays
· Retirement savings plan – 401K plan with company matching on employee contributions
· Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Employee assistance program
· Employees at MPI Research also are given the opportunity to participate in company-sponsored events, wellness programs, self-directed work teams and open communications programs such as the All Employee Survey.
MPI Research helps drug developers answer a crucial question: Is it safe? The contract research organization (CRO) specializes in providing...