A Research Associate/Software Sales Specialist is an assistant to a Senior Analyst. A senior analyst becomes an expert in a particular industry segment and, based on thorough analysis, determines the best investment opportunities within that segment. The associate/sales specialist is expected to assist the senior analyst in developing and sourcing contacts, gathering information from industry contacts, analyzing qualitative and quantitative trends, constructing financial models, formulating conclusions and investment opinions, and presenting those opinions in verbal written and form to various audiences.
- Primarily engaged in conducting surveys, interviews and primary research for Pacific Crest’s Enterprise Software research team
- Attend industry conference and trade shows to expand PCS network of Enterprise Software contacts
- Help identify and analyze key industry trends and provide ongoing finds on those trends
- Analyze and forecast metrics such as unit sales, pricing, revenues, earnings, cash flows, and balance sheet data
- Build Excel-based quantitative models that incorporate trends
- Help produce written reports that present conclusions and opinions
- Respond to inquiries from sales and corporate finance professionals (internally), and from portfolio managers, company executives, and the media (external)
Competitive salary. Depends upon education and financial and/or industry experience.
Excellent benefits package.
Contact: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
- 3-5 years experience in software sales with Oracle, Salesforce.com, SuccessFactors, or one or more Software-as-a-Service company
- Must have extensive sales contacts in enterprise software and Software-as-a-Service industry
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Foreign language skills highly valued
- Finance background helpful
- Pass federal and state securities exams
- US Work
Pacific Crest Securities - 18 months ago