Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That’s why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
The Research Associate will be a part of the multidisciplinary team in the research and development of BioDevice products that are the cutting edge of technology for the global poultry industry and for adjacent spaces in Animal Health including egg-based vaccine production (e.g. Human Flu) to maintain Pfizer Poultry Health’s number one leadership position worldwide. The incumbent will be part of a team of scientists and engineers, that work to develop automated solutions for unmet industry needs. He/she will follow procedures and test prototype devices, perform in vivo studies, necropsies and other scientific and technical procedures. He/she, under supervision, will participate in activities to support the project team like data entry and analysis; study protocol writing and presentations at team meetings. This position reports to the Principal Research Scientist, BioDevice Research, and will be located at Pfizer Poultry Health headquarters’ in North Carolina.
- Follow established procedures and conduct studies that involve scientific and technical procedures, in vivo animal procedures and biodevice prototype testing with supervision in the laboratory or in the field.
- Performs analytical procedures (biochemical, immunological etc), egg and bird studies as needed, including necropsies, based on developed methods. May, occasionally reduce to practice novel methods and procedures under guidance of senior team members.
- Prepare solutions and reagents according to established protocol as needed, adhere to established aseptic methods and quality control requirements of laboratory practice.
- Conduct of field trial testing at Contract Research Organizations and commercial sites.
- Record, calculate, and maintain detailed records of experimental data in accordance with GLP. Input data in to database and derive reports.
- Writes protocols and study reports for Quality Assurance.
- Discuss results with team and provide input for planning future studies and for modifications of the device. Participate in work and project planning sessions and provide feedback on research protocol and results.
- Learn new methods and techniques; with assistance research and identify new methods to address technical issues.
- Other duties as assigned (including laboratory space, supply and equipment maintenance, animal care etc).
- This level typically requires 0- 2 years of experience with a B.S. degree, or 0-1 year experience with a MS degree in Biology or a related field like animal science, poultry science, biochemistry, etc.
- Research experience in a lab setting is required. Experience with animal handling and GLP/GCP desired. Knowledge of poultry biology and physiology desired.
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Must be able to work with increasing independence and moderate supervision
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong and creative problem solving skills
- Continuous learner with a desire of self improvement
- Proficient in Micro-soft Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Disclaimer: May perform other duties as assigned.
- Laboratory conditions: Laboratory is a primarily clean, well-lit environment. Concentrated mental and visual attention as well as manual coordination are required for laboratory procedures. Some procedures require repetitive movement, such as repeated pipetting, for short periods of time. Occasionally, heavy lifting (< 50 lbs) may be required. Work often involves chemical or biological hazards with low to moderate human health risks; provided personal protective equipment must be worn properly and chemical safety and biological safety procedures must be followed to minimize such hazards.
- Animal Research conditions: Exposure to eggs, animals, biological fluids, dust, heat, cold, and chemicals for short to moderate periods of time, but not on a continuous basis. Exposure to animals and dust may cause allergic reactions in some people. Provided personal protective equipment must be worn properly and biosecurity procedures must be followed to avoid contact with and spread of pathogenic agents, some of which may cause mild illness in humans.
- Usual office working conditions.
- Occasional travel required.
Reports to: Principal Research Scientist.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pfizer in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pfizer to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pfizer and the specific job and/or work site. Pfizer may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pfizer's support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pfizer.
Pfizer Inc - 16 months ago
Pfizer pfabricates pfarmaceuticals pfor quite a pfew inpfirmities. The company is the world's largest research-based pharmaceuticals...