A Research Associate is an assistant to a Senior Analyst. A senior analyst becomes an expert in a particular industry segment and, based on thorough analysis, determines the best investment opportunities within that segment. The associate is expected to assist the senior analyst in developing and sourcing information from industry contacts, analyzing qualitative and quantitative trends, constructing financial models, formulating conclusions and investment opinions, and presenting those opinions in verbal written and form to various audiences.
- Gather data on key market trends, including customer demand, technology trends, capital spending, pricing, competitive developments, and market share
- Analyze and forecast metrics such as unit sales, pricing, revenues, earnings, cash flows, and balance sheet data
- Build Excel-based quantitative models that incorporate trends
- Help produce written reports that present conclusions and opinions
- Respond to inquiries from sales and corporate finance professionals (internally) and from portfolio managers, company executives, and the media (external)
Competitive salary. Depends upon education and financial and/or industry experience.
Excellent benefits package.
Contact Information: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com . No phone calls please.
- Experience required in equity research and/or the communication services industry (Internet data centers, wireless, wireline, towers etc.)
- Exceptional model building and writing abilities
- Strong technology background
- Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in finance preferred
- MBA or CFA training helpful, but not required
- Experience in a competitive environment
- A high level of enthusiasm, attention to detail, positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills (written and oral)
- Self motivated and ability to take ownership of all aspects of position
- Pass federal and state securities exams (S7, S63, S86, S87)
- US Work
Pacific Crest Securities - 12 months ago