Research Associate - R&D
- Receive and process laboratory specimens following the standard methods and procedures with superb attention to detail.
- Track samples with use of LIMS, database queries, and advanced excel techniques; verify that correct specimens are being processed and analyzed.
- Maintain equipment and instruments in good operating condition, recognize any malfunctions and troubleshoot as needed.
- Complete routine preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on instruments and equipment
- Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of the methods employed in the laboratory
- Utilize molecular biology techniques in performing laboratory tests
- gDNA isolation from blood (preferred)
- Practical knowledge of LIMS/database query tools (preferred)
- Experience with PCR library preparation for next generation sequencing and sequencing platforms (MiSeq, GA2X, Ion Torrent)
- Sample analysis/QC on the Agilent Bioanalyzer, Nanodrop, Qubit, electrophoresis
- Skill conducting quantitative-PCR (optional)
- Experience with laboratory robotics platforms (optional)
- BS/BA in a biological science
- 2-3 years Molecular Biology laboratory experience required.
- Must have proven interpersonal, communication, computer, and technical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Microsoft Excel experience required.
Natera - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Natera is driven by a passion for elevating the science and utility of prenatal testing. The advent of the Information Age has created a...