The position is for a Research Associate to support the Semiconductor sector. A Research Associate is an assistant to a Senior Analyst. A senior analyst becomes an expert in a particular industry segment and, based on thorough analysis, determines the best investment opportunities within that segment. The associate is expected to assist the senior analyst in developing and sourcing information from industry contacts, analyzing qualitative and quantitative trends, constructing financial models, formulating conclusions and investment opinions, and presenting those opinions in verbal and written form to various audiences.
- Gather data on key market trends, including customer demand, technology trends, capital spending, pricing, competitive developments, and market share
- Analyze and forecast metrics such as unit sales, pricing, revenues, earnings, cash flows, and balance sheet data
- Build Excel-based quantitative models that incorporate trends
- Help produce written reports that present conclusions and opinions
- Respond to inquiries from sales and corporate finance professionals (internally)
- Semiconductor or technology-related industry experience is preferred
- Strong financial background
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, concentration in finance preferred
- MBA or CFA training preferred, but not required
- Fluency in Mandarin preferred
- Experience in a competitive environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills (written and oral)
- Detail oriented
- Self motivated and ability to take ownership of all aspects of position
- Pass federal and state securities exams (S7, S63, S86, S87)
- Work authorization in the U.S. required, and not requiring sponsorship
- Competitive salary. Depends upon education and financial and/or industry experience.
- Excellent benefits package.