Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary responsibilities includes:
- Collects, evaluates, interprets, and documents research data to accomplish the objectives of a wide variety of scientific experiments and research projects.
- Influences project direction and outcomes by identifying opportunities to enhance, terminate, or re-direct research activities.
- Recruits study participants or field interviewers.
- Uses SQL to query research database and generates meaningful reports.
- Evaluates and interprets data and provides results to investigators to support publication.
- Maintains quality control checks and a safe environment in compliance with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulation and codes.
- Assists in the preparation and writing of research reports, manuscripts, papers and grant proposals for presentation and publication.
- Provides direction and training Informatics lab personnel to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results in compliance with all protocols, guidelines, regulations, etc.
Bachelor's degree in a related science with a minimum of three years related research or clinical or other experience. Master's or Ph.D. in research related field preferred.
- Depending on project(s) bilingual (English/Spanish) skills may be required.
- Depending on project(s), Certification for Protection of Human Research Subject may be required or must be completed within 5 days of employment.
Database management skills: maintains research database and able to query and extract data. Familiarity with database management systems such as Oracle, Micosoft SQL Server and/or MySQL.
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...