Conducts academic research in connection with CUNY programs; may assist faculty, staff, and students in conducting research and lead research efforts involving others.
- Develops research plans and proposals and participates in acquiring funding
- Collects, analyzes, and assures validity of data
- Writes progress reports; writes and publishes findings
- Collaborates with internal and external colleagues
- Adheres to standards for safety and hygiene and ethical conduct as defined by the University and relevant outside parties
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Centro de Estudios Puertorriqueños (Centro), the only University-based research institute in the United States devoted to the interdisciplinary study of the Puerto Rican experience, seeks an academic researcher with expertise in any one of the wide range of disciplines within history, social sciences, or behavioral sciences, including those interdisciplinary in nature, to complement its current research capacity. This is a non-tenure track position that reports directly to the director.
The Research Associate responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance with academic research and publish studies in peer-reviewed journals and other academic venues on Puerto Rican stateside communities.
- May assist in presenting papers at disciplinary conferences.
- Support and perform other research related duties as assigned by the Director.
- Participate on Centro-wide staff committees.
Appointment would be for one academic year.
Doctoral Degree in a related field and demonstrated research ability.
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate from a Ph.D. program with a "post-doc" project for completion, such as converting a dissertation into a book, publishing chapters of a dissertation in peer-referred journals, or writing articles or chapters for a book in a new area of research where all data has been collected. English and Spanish fluency are required.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be submitted on-line by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website http://cuny.edu/employment.html and navigating to Careers at CUNYfirst. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin May 28, 2013.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Hunter College, CUNY - 15 months ago