Who we are: Harder+Company helps nonprofits, public agencies, and foundations to pursue their missions through high-quality research and consulting services. We provide data-driven analysis to help organizations understand the results of their programs and initiatives—and translate that data into actionable improvements. Our expertise spans a wide range of social impact areas, such as healthcare, social services, community development, educational achievement, arts and culture, and violence prevention. Consulting services provided by our firm include program evaluation, strategic planning, community engagement, and nonprofit capacity-building. For more information about our firm, visit our website: www.harderco.com .
How we do our work: We engage our clients as partners in an ongoing process of programmatic and organizational learning. Whether it is a needs assessment, evaluation, or a planning process, we work closely with our partners to ensure that our approaches meet their needs as well as the needs of their stakeholders. We strive to develop an engaging, dynamic process with our clients to make certain that organizational learning is achieved throughout the project by regular, ongoing, and practical feedback. This allows our clients to make midcourse adjustments and encourages them to be partners in the change process both for their organization and their target communities. This transfer of knowledge also encourages clients to begin the critical process of organizational reflection and skill-building. We uphold the highest level of rigor possible within a project, but unlike academic research, we make adjustments to research designs, tools, and approaches to ensure that our work is accessible, culturally responsive, and meaningful given real-world resource and timeline constraints. We conduct single-program evaluations, as well as evaluations of multiple organizations at the portfolio, initiative, and organizational level. Our clients see our research, evaluation, and planning as an opportunity to improve and leverage that knowledge into stronger programs and a more robust resource base.
Who We Are Looking For: You are interested in services and projects that address the needs of vulnerable populations and are able to manage and juggle multiple content and topic areas. Through either personal experience in a social service organization or your close partnerships with nonprofits, you understand the complexities, difficulties, and challenges of providing social services. You can play a leadership role and those you have worked for say that you are supremely adept at developing professional relationships----able to leave your ego behind to ensure that the project is successful. You are able to hear what your client needs and transform that into a creative, workable plan that strengthens client understanding of their own processes and programs. Your communication is clear, accessible, and understandable to those without the same technical experience. You are prepared to negotiate challenging personalities, complex politics, and above all, remain cool and collected. You are able to anticipate challenges and propose solutions that ensure project goals are met. You have a keen attention to detail and can provide constructive feedback that promotes growth in your team. You look for innovation and opportunities to leverage knowledge both for your own project and for your colleagues. Additionally, we seek to hire a Research Associate to work on projects that require a high level of facilitation, project management and communication skills.
Specifically, you bring:
Typical physical demands:
- A Masters or higher in childhood development, public health, education, sociology, psychology, evaluation, public policy, or other related field
- Experience managing large scale, multi-faceted projects
- Evaluation experience and list of projects to highlight
- Ability to maintain positive and professional interactions with clients and funded agencies
- Broad methodological "toolkit" including creative approaches to qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Quantitative analysis skills in SPSS
- Cultural humility and a proven track record of implementing qualitative and/or quantitative forms of data collection with linguistically and/or culturally diverse populations
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate challenges and identify appropriate solutions
- Ability to manage a team composed of other Research Associates and Research Assistants
- Spanish language fluency (written and spoken) strongly preferred
- Skills in innovative data visualization techniques preferred
This position will be based in Harder+Company's Davis office and will report to the Vice President. Harder+Company offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage. Anticipated salary range is $60,000-75,000, depending on experience. Harder+Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
- Work on a computer for 6 hours, on average, each day
- Lift and move documents and supplies
- Bend to file and retrieve documents
- Some travel is required
idealist.org - 6 months ago