The Department of Medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago is seeking to fill a Research Associate position.
The Research Associate is a key member of the clinical research project team, responsible for managing the reception desk, updating clinical study databases, preparing study visits, scheduling participant visits, assisting with study visits, and assisting study coordinators and administrative supervisors with data entry, procurement of supplies, and financial tasks. Candidates must have experience setting work priorities in line with project management goals.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Answers the phone for project staff of 12 according to project guidelines
- Schedules study visits, requests and records pertinent information
- Performs phone screening for research protocols
- Maintains databases
- Manages reception desk
- Prepares charts and materials for study visits
- Prepares exam rooms for study visits
- Assists with the clinical research data collection
- Assists with design of forms for data collection and tracking
- conducts quality assurance for all collected and maintained data.
- Orders appropriate supplies and maintain inventories
- Maintains collaborative relationships with Project staff
- Completes vouchers for volunteer stipends
- Procures clinical and office supplies
- Maintains records of stipends, requests replenishments
- Other tasks as assigned
Bachelor degree in social science or related field required. Knowledge of fundamental research concepts, practices and procedures; entry level knowledge of research methods, experience working in the field of HIV/AIDS Prevention, experience working with or living in diverse groups; experience with electronic medical records, with UIC electronic management systems, and experience with conducting clinical research studies preferred.
For fullest consideration please apply online and upload a .pdf copy or your resume and supply three references when completing your application.
UIC is an AA/EOE. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Back to Job Board