The primary focus is to perform scientific experimental research on front end processing of energy beets for juice and pulp extraction for biofuel production. The research associate (RA) will perform necessary functional design, assembly/installation, and coordinate necessary fabrication so that all the component machines of front end processing (hammer mill, modified ribbon mixer, and extraction press) will work as a unit. RA will coordinate with the other research groups that work on the upstream (e.g. beet storage, washing) and downstream (e.g. juice storage, pulp storage, fermentation) when necessary.
Research Associate performs design of experiments for the front end processing of beets initially, as well as actual processing operations with input beets using front end processing machines and collection of experimental data in a routine manner. Collected data may include mass inflow and outflow data and energy consumption of different streams on different machines. RA will record the data appropriately for retrieval and analyses, and use computer software, statistical methods and other tools to analyze, interpret and report the generated results. Working towards development of reports, manuscripts and presentations to disseminate research results through outreach activities, professional meetings, and regular technical outlets are also expected. As deemed necessary, the RA will assist and work in close collaboration with the principal investigator on related scientific research activities.
This position ends September 30, 2014.
- M.S. in Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering or related field
- Familiar with engineering procedures and laboratory research
- Computer literacy
- Oral (technical presentation) and written (reports) communication skills
- Data collection and statistical data analysis
- Ability to work in a team setting and independently with minimum supervision
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering or related field
- Proficient use of computer software (MS office, Outlook, AutoCAD)
- Experience in operation of agricultural processing equipment
- Proven record of peer-reviewed journal publication and technical presentation
- Experience in field/laboratory research
- Supervisory experience
Open Until Filled:
Internal/External Simultaneously: Open to all applicants
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position ends September 30, 2014
North Dakota State University - 2 years ago