This is a temporary Research associate position in the Clinical Assays and Technologies Group (CATG) of Oncology Biomarker Development (OBD).Oncology Biomarker Development (OBD) in Development Sciences at gRED supports the translation of biomarker strategies on new molecule entities from research to the clinic. Clinical Assays and Technologies Group (CATG) within the CDx group in OBD develops and implements biomarker assays to generate high quality data from clinical samples to support clinical development. The candidate will support oncology biomarker and medicine development projects.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Processing tissue samples from clinical and non-clinical samples to support biomarker and medicine development programs
- Performing biomarker analysis on patient samples as needed to support OBD programs
- Developing and validating gene expression and genotyping assays on various technology platforms
- Developing and validating in-process QC methods to assess quality of samples
- Evaluating new technologies for their suitability for analyzing clinical samples
- RNA and DNA sample banking management.
- Lab Automation Implementation
- Maintaining detailed laboratory records of experiments; generate reports summarizing experimental results communicate them to project team.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, team oriented, dependable, self-starter
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction
- Able to apply analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of assay data and assay performance
- Experience in Isolation of DNA/RNA from all the sample forms including FFPE, Frozen tissue and plasma
- Experience in automation system validation and handling
- Experience with working on Lab Information Management Systems
- Experience in developing assays for RNA and DNA analysis
- Experience in IHC and FISH assay development
- BS / MS in biochemistry, molecular biology or related fields
On Assignment - 11 months ago