Research Associate 2 - Necropsy
About MPI Research:
MPI Research, with global headquarters in Mattawan, Michigan, provides discovery, safety evaluation, bioanalytical, and analytical services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. Scientific knowledge and experience, integrity, trust, teamwork, and dedication to strong and enduring Sponsor relationships are the defining attributes that characterize MPI Research as a high-performance, high-quality organization that is committed to bringing safer and more effective products to the world. Learn more about how we can exceed your expectations at www.mpiresearch.com.
This position is responsible for performing the technical functions in necropsy including the handling and
euthanize of multiple species of animals, collection of tissue and blood samples, and the proper
preservations of specimens, as well as for performing technical support functions, as necessary. It is
expected to perform assigned technical and administrative functions within the guidelines / requirements
outlined in a protocol or Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), thus producing sound, reliable data from
which to evaluate the efficacy or toxicity of a test compound. Other functions may be expected as
(Duties & Responsibilities – purpose of the function and result to be accomplished) include but are not limited to those listed:
· Possesses the ability to handle and euthanize animals, perform collection of tissue and blood
specimens, and perform required functions for proper preservation of specimens.
· Attains knowledge and application of departmental terminology, policies, procedures, and technical
skills in all areas of the laboratory.
· Effectively and accurately execute study functions per protocol and SOP requirements, collecting,
documenting, reviewing and verifying data accurately on the appropriate form(s) or electronic data
· Maintains positive, helpful, and friendly customer service, to build a strong customer/Sponsor
allegiance as observed by management.
· Maintains a positive working relationship with peers and management.
· Possesses the ability to perform core function skills from departmental list for the position, as
· Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues and Study Directors.
· Demonstrates commitment to quality.
· Effectively works independently and in a team and demonstrates a commitment to achieving
· Efficiently prioritizes assigned daily workload and uses time productively
· Grade 5:
o HS/GED with 6-10 years of experience; or
o Associate’s degree with 4-8 years of experience, or 2-4 years of experience with
ASCP certification; or
o Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of experience, or 1-3 years of experience with
· Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions and including ability to learn a validated
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings,
weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
· Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Benefits at a Glance:
· MPI Research provides the following competitive benefits:
· Two choices of medical coverage, including prescription drug and vision coverage
· Two choices of dental coverage
· Medical and dependent pre-tax flexible spending accounts
· Paid time off bank and holidays
· Retirement savings plan – 401K plan with company matching on employee contributions
· Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Employee assistance program
· Employees at MPI Research also are given the opportunity to participate in company-sponsored events, wellness programs, self-directed work teams and open communications programs such as the All Employee Survey.