"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Provides day to day administrative project management and may provide scientific direction for research projects of considerable scope and complexity.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provides day to day project management coordination for research projects to include personnel, facilities, supplies in support of research project desired outcomes, budgets, and timeliness.
- Assists in the preparation of progress reports and grant proposals to both private foundations and governmental agencies; works closely with the Office of Sponsored Projects on the submission of grants.
- May provide direction/recommendations by identifying opportunities to enhance, re-terminate, or re-direct resources across various research projects to ensure timely completion of project guidelines.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of budgets, initiates re-budgeting requests based on needs of research staff, authorizes expenditures for multiple projects. Attends research planning meetings to prepare budget drafts for departmental leadership approval.
- Prepares annual progress reports and applications for various committees and ensures that all staff has received the proper training/attended the appropriate training courses.
- Maintains confidential records of collected data, ensures accuracy and integrity of data. Data may include patient data and departmental programmatic data.
- Prepares draft reports and communications for the departmental program/division leadership.
- Interacts with representatives from state, federal, and private agencies regarding proposals and funded projects.
- Provides work administrative direction and guidance to research and/or administrative staff personnel within department.
- May review contracts and develop training.
- May manage, through input to departmental leadership or directly, Human Resources activities for direct administrative reports in regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
Bachelor's degree or two years of clinical research experience in lieu of every year of education. Five years of relevant experience.
- Certification from the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) or Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP).
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...