Medical Product Manufacturing
Since 1963, Cook Group companies have been among the leaders in developing healthcare devices that have improved lives around the world. COOK remains at the forefront of medical research and worldwide sales of products for endovascular therapy, critical care medicine, general surgery, diagnostic and interventional procedures, bioengineered tissue replacement and regeneration, gastroenterology and endoscopy procedures, urology, and obstetrics and gynecology. COOK is a global company with a global focus - and a global future.
The Research Engineer supports the research and development of novel medical devices and works within an interdisciplinary team of engineers and technicians to develop devices and combinational drug (biologic) device systems.
Essential Job Functions/Duties (may include other duties as assigned)
• Independently formulate project definitions based on identifying clinical needs, device concepts, functional prototypes, and appropriate testing plans
• Analyze, organize and present data to the team
• Document research and development process through lab notebooks or other accepted methods
• Lead and assist in the development of experiments, execution, analysis of results, and interpretation and reporting of results
• Develop, optimize and validate test protocols, assays and other analytical methods for evaluating device properties and performance
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization to achieve company goals
• Must work and interact effectively with and for others to achieve company goals
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
• Must have effective oral and written communications throughout various levels of the global organization
• Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirements
• Master's degree and 2 years experience, or PhD in biomedical engineering (tissue engineering focus preferred), material science or chemical engineering experience preferred; or
• Bachelors degree in same and 5 years experience in medical device design or research; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background
• Experience in laboratory research and understanding of medical physiology preferred
• Experience with polymers preferred
• Experience with combinational drug (biologic) device systems preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and gloves required in most areas associated with this position
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Medical, dental, and vision
Paid time off
Flexible spending account
Cook is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...