A Research Manager, Latin America in GfK’s Product Management Group would full oversight responsibility for an ongoing syndicated tracking study of consumer behavior and attitudes toward automotive manufacturers in several Latin American countries. Responsibilities would include quality assurance (QA), auditing data files, charts, and data tabulations, ensuring surveys meet specifications, providing financial controls and pricing support and keeping client teams apprised of fieldwork and deliverable status as well as other administrative tasks. Other responsibilities include fulfilling internal and external client requests, recommending product improvements, managing questionnaire and tab design, monitoring fieldwork and quota fill, code development, data entry, tabulation and scheduling.
This position may also have responsibility for assisting other team members in these tasks for similar studies in the US and Canada. Additionally this position may have the opportunity to work with other departments such as custom research or syndicated client consulting which will provide exposure to other areas of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Project management responsibilities for market research studies, including coordinating study deadlines, managing vendors, questionnaire design, sampling, fielding, and data outputs.
• Quality assurance processes, including ensuring survey accuracy, quota management, data and tab checking, etc.)
• Management of study changes (e.g. questionnaire, vendors, sample frame)
• Management of study execution profitability including data tabulation, fieldwork, translation and any other costs
• Chart creation as related to study management (charting and organization/manipulation of data in Excel and PowerPoint)
• Data Analysis as related to study management (examination of data trends, structures and data anomalies)
• Assist other team members with overall study management as needed
• Provide training to other team members/other departments as needed (e.g. SPSS)
• (as needed) Provide support for other departments such as Custom Research (quantitative, qualitative or product research projects), Syndicated Consulting (analysis and consulting of industry tracking studies on consumer purchase behavior and attitudes toward manufacturers), and New Product Development/Marketing
Experience and Skills:
• 2-5 years of experience managing market research projects from start to finish or extensive experience as the primary support for major market research projects from start to finish
• Strong knowledge of the principles of market research, including questionnaire design, sample design, survey methodologies, data weighting and data outputs (data layouts, etc).
• Written and oral fluency in Spanish
• Strong experience in managing market research fieldwork, including the survey QA process, managing/monitoring sample and quotas, review of data outputs (layouts, code lists/books, data files and tabulations)
• Basic working knowledge of statistical techniques and application to research methodologies and analytics
• Experience managing all aspects of supplier/vendor relationships, including communicating specs and deadlines, monitoring fieldwork, checking deliverables and collaborative problem solving
• Demonstrated organizational, project management and written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to provide data analysis and issue investigation, including the ability to read and interpret data tables
• Strong interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills – ability to interact with individuals at all levels of an organization – both internally and externally
• Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
• Ability to consistently produce high quality work (strong attention to detail)
• Proficiency with Excel, Word , PowerPoint required, working knowledge of SPSS is preferred, mTAB a plus.
• Positive, upbeat attitude and desire to learn and grow
• Ability to manage simultaneous requests (good organizational skills, multi-tasking ability)
• Experience managing multi-country market research studies, particularly in Latin America is preferred
• Knowledge of automotive marketplace (makes/models, upcoming launches, key trends, etc.) is preferred
• Ability to create charts/presentations using Excel / PowerPoint - proficiency in preparation of high quality, professional-looking PowerPoint presentations with visually appealing, high quality graphics and charts
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
GfK Custom Research North America - 4 months ago