The Research Manager handles a full range of project tasks under the direction of the Senior Research Manager, Research Director and/or the Senior Research Director. Depending on experience, you may independently handle specific project phases or implement entire projects with general oversight from the Research Director or Senior Research Director. The Research Manager has a great breadth of knowledge, and is able to independently handle complex projects. You will be expected to develop a broad range of research expertise, as well as focus on an area of specialization, a research technique, or method of data collection, where you would be a resource for others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accurately and efficiently writes questionnaires from outline with programming and tab notes, using the questionnaire library.
• Creates tab, banner, and analytic service plans.
• With general supervision, has independent responsibility for the implementation of assigned projects.
• Ensures questionnaires are programmed accurately by performing quality assurance function.
• Ensures data is collected and delivered accurately by effectively managing the data collection process on assigned studies.
• Proofs tables, analytic services output and reports to ensure accuracy.
• Proofs reports to ensure accuracy.
• Assures all quotes and balancing requirements are achieved in the data collection phase.
• As assigned, designs and writes reports that meet study objectives.
• Accurately and efficiently prepares confirmation letter or similar document as specified by client.
• Supports the Account Developer with sales activities, such as drafting sections of proposals or collecting needed information.
• Informs the Research Director of project’s progress and problems.
• Organizes and documents all projects communication in common folder.
• Monitors project budgets and timelines; alerts Research Director when project will go out of budget/timeline.
• Writes reports, as necessary.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of 5 years related work experience in market research.
• Analysis experience desired.
• Strong project management skills.
• Must possess excellent communication skills.
• People interaction: Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
• Will need an appreciation of computer systems and a good understanding of HTML. • Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• SPSS skills desired.
Education: BA/BS in Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
GfK Custom Research North America - 22 months ago