GLG is seeking entrepreneurial candidates to join our Americas Research team in Austin, Texas. Research Managers in our Professional Services Firms (PSF) practice work directly to support and manage research inquiries coming from management consultancies, agencies, audit and law firms based in the US, Canada, and Latin America.
Research Professionals design and facilitate customized research solutions based upon our clients’ needs, creating innovative solutions on each client assignment. In addition, Research Professionals will have the opportunity to grow key client relationships and to contribute to the development, structuring, and pricing of products specifically for PSF clients in conjunction with our sales team.
- Facilitate timely educational interactions between our experts and our clients, to permit our clients to make more informed and confident business decisions.
- Meaningfully contribute to the efforts of GLG’s Account Management team to grow revenue through expansion of existing business and pursuit of new business.
- Independently own full accountability and responsibility for a full slate of complex clients by serving as a thought partner to design and deliver on custom projects – e.g., consultations, surveys, and special projects – creating innovative solutions on each assignment.
- Suggest innovation around products and services that will lead to growth in usage and revenue from your clients, and work with Research, Sales, and product teams to bring ideas to fruition.
Compliance & Confidentiality
- Deliver world-class client service marked by high levels of responsiveness, accuracy, insight, urgency, attention to detail, professionalism, follow-through, and enthusiasm, and serve as an example of excellence in client service to others within GLG.
- Establish and foster strong relationships with GLG’s primary asset, its experts, both by bringing new experts into the GLG Councils and by identifying appropriate and meaningful consulting opportunities for them.
- Build relationships with key users at client firms including senior level executives.
- Exercise flawless judgment around GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of client engagements.
- Clearly communicate to clients the integrity and value of GLG’s compliance platform.
- Suggest innovation around GLG’s compliance platform to minimize friction for clients and/or experts, and work with compliance and product teams to execute.
- Implement GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of client engagements and train new employees in those procedures.
- Train and mentor colleagues to ensure excellence in revenue promotion, client service, and compliance.
- Contribute to key strategic initiatives as requested by GLG leadership.
- Work in collaborative interoffice teams to grow and promote client relationships.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
For this specific position, the following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth;
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail;
- Possess a strong desire to work in a team; and
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Have an understanding of and awareness of financial markets (particularly private equity) and corporations.
- Bachelors or higher degree from a top-tier university (or equivalent work experience), with an undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.3 or better
- 2-4 years experience in a client-facing or analyst role, or commensurate experience in consulting, finance, law, journalism or other relevant field
- Passion for solving complex problems and executing best-in-class customer service
- Superior communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated commitment, judgment, emotional maturity, and intensity, ideally in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment
- Proven track record in phone based outreach, sales, or recruitment.
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (GLG), founded more than ten years ago, began developing a network of leading experts to provide business decision-makers with insights to drive better, more informed outcomes. Initially serving investment firms, today our company has grown to support professional services firms and corporations across every industry.
We connect tens of thousands of professionals and thought leaders to each other through two distinct yet complementary platforms: GLG Research and HighTable.
GLG Research partners with investment firms, corporations, non-profits and professional services firms that need targeted, on-demand expertise to help improve decision-making. GLG Research provides professional services and sophisticated web-based compliance systems to help our clients connect to the most relevant experts while helping clients and experts manage potential conflicts.
HighTable helps you gather and share expertise. In a world where everyone's connected, it's surprisingly difficult to find insights from people who know what they’re talking about. At HighTable, conversations occur directly between professionals with business problems and professionals with the most relevant first-hand experience and knowledge.
GLG is headquartered in New York with 21 offices globally and over 800 employees. The company is backed by Bessemer Venture Partners and Silver Lake Partners.
For more information about GLG, please visit www.gersonlehrmangroup.com
Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary with comprehensive benefits program and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
Gerson Lehrman Group - 2 years ago