ITT Technical Institute is a leading provider of technology-oriented postsecondary degree programs designed to help students develop skills and knowledge they can use to pursue career opportunities in a variety of fields. At our more than 140 accredited ITT Technical Institutes located in approximately 40 states, we predominately provide career-focused degree programs of study in fields involving technology, criminal justice, business, and nursing to approximately 80,000 students. Today, we continue to execute our model, add new programs of study, and grow at a very rapid pace building new campus locations across the country.
Looking for an opportunity to play a key role in shaping the future direction and growth of a public company in one of the fastest growing industries? Have a passion for helping people change their lives through education?
The Research Methods Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring student satisfaction through the classroom or laboratory setting according to the program objectives.
- Teaches material from approved curriculum and develops daily lesson plans to include instructional aids.
- Participates in school retention initiatives by providing regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, attendance, etc.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Completes professional development and in-service activities in accordance with college standards.
- Maintains expertise in subject area and recommends improvements in curriculum design.
- Instructs students in laboratory safety procedures if applicable.
- Performs duties in the Learning Resource Center as assigned.
- When possible, participates in core course academic support programs, certification programs, and student professional associations.
At ITT Technical Institute, we are experiencing terrific growth and offer robust career development and advancement potential! We offer a competitive salary and 401(k).
- Minimum 3 years applicable experience in research, English or technical writing and 15 semester hours in the subject matter area are required.
- Masters degree required, Ph.D. preferred. Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to utilize different methods and mediums in delivering course material.
- Evening hours may be required.
- Experience in organizing and writing reports and presentations of a technical nature.
- Proven educational or administrative experience in critical thinking, problem solving and judgment skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, the Internet, and management system software.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
Visit us at http://careers-itt-tech.icims.com to learn more about us and apply online.
ITT Technical Institute issues, on an annual basis, a Safety and Security Policies and Crime Statistics Report. The Report discloses information about our College’s safety and security policies and procedures, and statistics concerning the number of particular crimes reported to each College and local law enforcement agencies as occurring on each College’s premises or public property adjacent to the School. The Report serves to inform each College’s students, prospective students, employees and prospective employees of the existence and enforcement of the College's safety and security policies.
To access the Report for calendar year 2011 and a Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act Notice, go to: http://info.itt-tech.edu/CAMPUS_SAFETY .
ITT Technical Institute will provide a paper copy of the Report upon request.