FULL TIME position for an interested candidate to explore a non-conventional use of their RN/LPN degree: Research Nurse/Coordinator. Extremely well qualified MA's may also be considered, part time may also be available.
We are looking for an energetic, organized individual who is interested in learning a niche profession which requires:
The candidate will function in an independent fashion, but will have constant access to the team for support, guidance and assistance.
- strong independent patient care skills
- continuous education on new and upcoming medications
- the ability to provide thorough, patient-centered education
- communication with research staff, investigator physicians, patients, patients' family physicians and pharmaceutical representatives
A research nurse:
This is a great opportunity to utilize or expand your hands-on skills such as phlebotomy, ECG acquisition, IV starts, PFT's, etc, however these skills are not required to apply for the position. Computer skills are required!
- interacts with patients and physicians to enroll subjects into clinical research trials, as approved by the FDA
- follow strict protocols which guide our actions at every visit
- completes intense training on each study, with frequent refreshers
- recruits patients for trials
- performs evaluations, assessments and exams to ensure patient safety while following the patient through the trial
The work atmosphere is patient focused--their safety, their care, their health and their satisfaction is our priority. The office environment is fun, cooperative and at times, intense! Coordinators are cross-trained in all facets of office duties, and day to day monotony is NOT an issue.
This position is great for those who may require, at times, flexibility in their schedule without loss of hours. The position will also require occasional travel for education (expenses paid), and rare weekend hours. The staff work in a cooperative fashion to cover travel and weekend hours on a volunteer basis.
Health and retirement benefits are available.
CareerPlug - 15 months ago
The International Association for Biological and Medical Research (IABMR) is a not-for-profit organization founded in 2002 by several...