Coordinate and conducts research projects and related activities as assigned by a Senior Research Nurse or other Research staff. Recruits, screens, and enrolls potential survey participants. May be assigned multiple protocols.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
1. Recruits and screens patients, collects specimens as necessary for research project and in accord with research protocols
2. Enrolls suitable candidates, ensuring all necessary documentation is collected and processed. Provides basic background and education to participants regarding the research project, and potential risks or benefits of participation.
3. Inputs data and maintains research databases and related records needed for research.
4. Schedules follow-up visits and maintains contact with patients, patients families, department staff, pharmaceutical company representatives, other faculty members and researchers as directed by the Senior Research Nurse or Research Associate.
5. Distributes research information to faculty, research staff, principle investigator, and others as requested
6. Assists in developing and implementing research protocols.
7. Collects, logs, and verifies research data; interprets results; produces interim reports, presentations and publications; participates in the writing of scientific papers, reports, manuscripts, and/or grant proposals.
8. Maintains inventories of investigational drugs and other supplies.
9. Identifies problems and trends, recommending procedural changes to the principle administrator and administrator.
10. Directs the work of support staff, laboratory technicians, and assistants to ensure efficient, timely, and high quality results and adherence to research protocols.
This position may be filled as a Research Nurse or Sr. Research Nurse depending on each candidate's qualifications.
Graduation from an accredited nursing program with a minimum of one year of related experience. Registered Nurse (State of Texas)
Senior Research Nurse:
Graduation from an accredited nursing program with a minimum of three years of related experience. Registered Nurse (State of Texas).
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 2 years ago
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...