NORC at the University of Chicago is currently seeking a qualified Research Scientist or Sr. Research Scientist to work on Public Health Research projects in our growing San Francisco office. The primary focus of this role will be on health marketing/communications research.
- Direct public health marketing/communications, policy and behavioral research projects
- Design studies, data collection, and IRB protocols; analyze study data; develop reports on findings and/or publishable papers
- Participate in business development activities including proposal writing
- Graduate degree in public health, the social/behavioral sciences, communications or some other relevant discipline
- Post-graduate public health research work experience (3 years minimum)
- Experience in study design, data collection protocol development, data analysis and reporting of findings (3 years minimum)
- Experience in health social/behavioral, health marketing/communications or health promotion research and/or program evaluation (3 years minimum)
- Proficiency in survey research methods
- Experience in research project budget development, team communication/coordination and client/sponsor communication (at least 1 year; more preferred )
- Ability to work in fast paced, multi-tasking environment across multiple projects
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Some experience/abilities in qualitative methods or, at minimum, strong motivation to develop skills in this area
- Experience in business development including proposal development
- Ability to contribute to the growth of the San Francisco office of NORC
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus and in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, Maryland. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.