Research Scientist III-1202481
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is for a Research Scientist II/III in the Insecticide Research Group (APR/IM) at BASF's research facility in Research Triangle Park, NC, specializing in the molecular biology and genetics of mode of action elucidation for chemical optimization.
The successful candidate will join an interdisciplinary program focused on the mode of action characterization and discovery of novel chemistries for insect control.
The incumbent will work closely with other peers and managers in support of BASF’s Insecticide research, with particular responsibility for functional genomic approaches for target identification and mode of action determination.
Additional responsibilities include data analysis and communication of results, interaction with global teams, and keeping abreast of new developments and technologies in the genomics and insecticide research field.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- MS with no prior experience or BS or AAS degree with at least 2 years or 4 years experience respectively in Molecular Biology or related Biological Science.
- Proven track record in the areas of targeted gene cloning and vector selection, design, creation and optimization.
- Experience with PCR technology, including RT-PCR and Q-PCR, DNA/RNA manipulation and gene expression analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, management and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, confident communicator, with excellent teamwork skills.
- Must be willing to handle compounds of unknown toxicity.
- PhD with no prior experience or MS or BS degree with at least 2 years or 4 years experience respectively in Molecular Biology or related Biological Science.
- Prior experience gained in the area of model insect molecular genetics as it relates to the functional genomics of insect control, physiology, biochemistry and protein expression technologies in an agricultural products company.
- Hands-on experience in insecticide research.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
This position is within a job family and will be filled at a level applicable to the incumbent's qualifications.
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Research Triangle Pa
Function: REDE - Research & Development
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: APR-Global Research
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with over 113,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide. We serve...