JOIN THE REVOLUTION!!!
The LED Lighting Revolution will not come to life on its own; people, corporations and institutions are the LED Lighting Revolutionaries. Creating light consumes energy. The least expensive, most secure and cleanest energy is the energy that is not used. At Cree, we are pioneering the LED Lighting Revolution by showing the world what is possible when market leading LED products, technology and engineering innovation are combined.
Now is your chance to join the revolution. Imagine your impact on the world’s energy resources as you help us create new LED lighting products that will reduce the damaging effects of energy inefficiency on our economies and environments. When you join Cree, not only will you be helping to realize energy efficient lighting products in every country, city and home but you’ll find yourself in a fast-paced and satisfying work environment where your keen intelligence and top-notch work ethic will make you an integral member of our cutting edge engineering teams.
We currently have an opening for a Research Scientist within our LED Chips group at our headquarters facility in Raleigh/Durham, NC.
In this position you will be responsible for development and improvement of wafer-fab processes for III-V Nitride based LED products. In order to be successful in this role you should be a resourceful, hands-on, problem solver with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical problems while managing one or more development efforts.
You will work with a team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop next generation LED chip technologies for solid state lighting applications and coordinate transfers of these products to production. You will drive tool selection and process validation for a variety of semiconductor fabrication technologies including but not limited to photolithography, metallization, etch, dielectric deposition, and wafer thinning.
In this role you will support new product design and development activities in the wafer fab. You will have the opportunity to lead process improvement projects and coordinate process transfers to production teams, including producing procedures and work instructions suitable for the intended users that may include technicians and operators.
If you are someone looking for a high visibility position with a growing company, who loves a fast-paced environment and enjoys solving highly complex technical problems, then we encourage you to read through the next two sections which describe the type of experience and education we’re looking for in order to be successful in this position.
- PhD Materials Science & Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, or Physical Science
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card holder)
- Semiconductor front-end fabrication industrial experience in at least two of the following areas: RF/ICP Etch, PECVD, sputtered metal or oxide deposition, wafer thinning, or photolithography
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing (Process and Equipment Specifications and Work Instructions)
- Hands-on experience with single-wafer or batch fab tools
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to identify manufacturing improvements, manage change, and implement solutions
- Able and willing to support 24X7 projects
If you think you can find a home as one of our LED Lighting Revolutionaries, then apply online. We actually do look at every resume and will get in touch with you directly if we think you’ve got what it takes. The process will take only 5-10 minutes, and our recruiting team will contact you within one week if we are interested in discussing this opportunity further.
- 3+years of semiconductor wafer fabrication experience in a research or development group
- Experience with new equipment selections, including qualification, installation and transfers
- Compound semiconductor processing experience, particularly optoelectronic materials
- Strong working knowledge of SPC and DOE principles and methods
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, JMP, Excel, etc.)
Stay in touch with us…
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CreeCareers & http://twitter.com/Cree
- Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CreeLEDRevolution
- Connect with us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/Cree
- Watch us on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreeInc
CREE - 23 months ago
Cree has its name in lights. Its blue, green, and near-ultraviolet light-emitting diodes (LEDs) -- made from silicon carbide (SiC) and...