Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Plans, supervises, and directs research, investigation, or other technical operations in various areas of medical imaging, tissue engineering, or related biomedical engineering areas. Provides technical expertise to facilitate the design, implementation, and analysis of procedures, techniques, and results that enable research personnel and students to conduct research projects in these areas.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary responsibilities include:
- Determines feasibility of possible projects to ensure results will have a significant impact. Determines project feasibility in terms of staff, time, and resources.
- Plans and performs quantitative and qualitative research procedures in various areas of medical imaging, tissue engineering, or related biomedical engineering areas. Identifies the problem through contact with other researchers, practicing physicians, or literature searches. Formulates a problem or project to research. Designs procedures to solve the problem.
- Requires strengths in medical imaging, regenerative bioengineering, tissue engineering, intraoperative diagnostics for surgery, and surgical devices/systems for therapy delivery.
- Presents results in a written paper for publication, in a presentation at a meeting, or through personal contact with faculty members and other researchers.
- Maintains lab equipment, assists in necessary repairs, and promotes a safe laboratory environment. Ensures direct reports follow safety procedures and attends basic safety training courses.
- Provides work direction and guidance to personnel within department and students. May lead projects and activities.
Doctorate degree with a minimum of four years experience in a related research environment and have verifiable publications within the field of the research project.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 9 months ago