Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Primary responsibilities include:
- Purification and synthesis of novel thioaptamers, improving purification methods of same, supervising research associates, and writing research progress reports for numerous projects.
- Purification of labeled X-aptamers and thioaptamers by HPLC.
- Exploring new purification techniques for novel X-aptamers.
- Supervision of junior staff and/or students;
- Synthesis of aptamers;
- Production of material for grant reports, seminar presentations.
Doctorate degree with a minimum of four years experience in a related research environment and have verifiable publications within the field of the research project.
Excellent DNA and/or protein purification skills. Purification experience of same in native and denatured states is welcomed.
PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related fields.
Five or more years' research experience
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 18 months ago
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...