There is an immediate opening within the Regulatory Crop Assessment Team for a Crop Scientist/Agronomist. The successful candidate will conduct laboratory, greenhouse and field plant risk assessment studies necessary to support worldwide registration, commercialization and monitoring of agricultural products. Focus may include new product concepts and testing of genetically modified crops.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
• Conduct plant risk assessment and plant characterization field, greenhouse / growth chamber and laboratory studies in support of worldwide registration, commercialization and monitoring of agricultural products.
• Evaluate new product concepts and test biotechnology crops.
• Follow detailed and specific study process to plan, initiate, monitor, harvest, coordinate quality check activities, coordinate data analysis, interpret results and write reports.
• Comply with USDA, US EPA and Monsanto requirements for regulated and/or stewarded crops.
• Commit to quality processes (similar to US EPA Good Laboratory Practices)
• Other supporting activities.
• Ph.D or M.Sc. in Agronomy or a related discipline
• Experience and formal training in conducting independent and team research.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects
• Ability to follow detailed and specified study processes and learn and use supporting IT systems.
• Focused attention to detail.
• Knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis
• Crop field research experience.
• Experience with Word Processing and Spreadsheet software.
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team as well as the ability to work independently.
• Formal training in Agronomy, crop biology, plant ecology, plant breeding and crop plant growth and development.
• Demonstrated ability to manage trials containing crops regulated by USDA, US EPA, etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of field crops entomology
• Knowledge of plant diseases, abiotic stressors, crop growth and development and basic genetics.
• Demonstrated commitment to following specified processes
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Ability to manage projects
• Ability to influence and develop colleagues
• Experience with good data recording practices or GLP's .
Monsanto - 13 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...