The Research Scientist assists in effectively
transferring projects to the production facility. The
scientist is self-motivated and demonstrates initiative
in responsibilities and always strives to do the job
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Explore and develop concepts for the practical
preparation of a broad range of chemical intermediates
and drug substances. Effectively transfer projects to
the production facility.
2. Plan and execute appropriate research techniques
towards the solution of various chemical problems
arising in the synthesis, analysis, development or
production of chemical substances or drugs in the plant.
3. Use a broad spectrum of practical laboratory skills
as needed; including advanced methods of purification of
solvents and reagents, running reactions under anhydrous
and oxygen free conditions, and using advanced methods
for isolation/purification of sensitive materials.
4. Utilize all available techniques and analytical
instrumentation for monitoring laboratory experiments
and the analysis of products effectively.
5. Remain alert to the chemical literature especially in
regard to recent developments vital to our processes and
area of interest.
6. Utilize new developments obtained from literature in
the reevaluation of chemical processes and analyses
presently in use at plant locations for simplifications
or modification to financial advantage. Recommend and
implement methods to increase the quality of products
7. Comply with requests for synthesis and/or analysis of
chemical intermediates, drugs, and potential drugs for
patent protection and/or analytical standards.
8. Communicate effectively in verbal and written form on
research results, issues, and plans. Contribute
suggestions to coworkers.
9. Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner.
Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices and
follow responsible actions regarding chemical disposal.
Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal,
state, and local levels. Maintain a current, easily
understood laboratory notebook.
10. Write clear and concise batch records for the
manufacturing of bulk pharmaceutical chemicals. Remain
current with Company policy regarding compliance with
validation of bulk pharmaceutical chemicals.
11. Work to organize work time so that several reactions
are run concurrently. Use time efficiently to produce
target compounds with investigation of side reactions
being normally given low priority.
12. Work towards managing workload and time to enable
the incumbent to perform multiple projects effectively.
Complete Batch Records, deviation reports and
investigation reports in a timely fashion. Adapt to
changing priorities such that productivity is
13. Follow GMP protocols and procedures for execution of
GMP products. Remain current on GMP and FDA guidelines.
Interact efficiently with Quality Assurance and Quality
14. Find new and better ways of performing job by
challenging established procedures. With supervision,
bring assignments to completion independently.
15. Train pilot plant technicians. Potentially be
available during off hours to train or provide technical
expertise to manufacturing.
16. Discuss routinely with supervisor the status of the
assigned programs and potential problems.
17. Evaluate scientific and safety data to make critical
decisions during manufacturing.
· B.S. degree in Chemistry with a focus in Organic
· Industrial experience in process development, GMP or
in a plant environment is highly desired.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
AMRI - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard