Siemens Corporate Technology is one of the world’s premier research laboratories, consisting of more than 1900 talented scientists located in North America, Europe, and Asia. Driven by a strong culture of innovation, we have a record of developing cutting edge technologies and excel in translating academic research into advanced Siemens products.
The Imaging and Computer Vision team of Siemens Corporate Technology has immediate openings in Princeton, NJ for a research scientist with a focus on Neuro-imaging. Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated researchers. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
What are my responsibilities?
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Contribute to research projects that develop functional and structural connectivity tools in neuro-imaging.
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
- Apply imaging and visualization techniques to large-scale, real-world problems
- Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of imaging and visualization product components
- Working with customers to understand algorithm requirements and deliver solutions
What else do I need to know?
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- 5-7 years of experience (including Ph.D. study) in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, Scientific Visualization fields along with successful demonstration of key responsibilities
- Proven ability to develop new research ideas as demonstrated by a strong publication record and early developments to the level of a working system prototype
- Strong theoretical and practical background in imaging and visualization, viz. statistical modeling, machine learning, applied mathematics, scientific / medical visualization. Prior knowledge about medical imaging is a plus.
- Experience working in imaging and visualization
- Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team
For more information please refer to our website at www.siemens.com
Siemens - 2 years ago
Siemens AG (Siemens) is engaged in electronics and electrical engineering. During the fiscal year ended September 30, 2008 (fiscal 2008),...