The Research Scientist will perform a variety of routine laboratory procedures and reliably conduct more complex analyses utilizing analytical instrument in support of new and improved product development. As a Research Scientist, this individual should have thorough understanding and working knowledge of industry guidance, separation sciences, spectroscopy and a variety of hands-on analytical techniques, e.g. HPLC, Dissolution, Karl Fischer. Following sample analysis, the Research Scientist is responsible for review, interpretation, compilation of results and preparing scientific reports with minimum supervision. The Research Scientist may independently identify/observe problems and recommend experimental strategies and solutions. The Research Scientist will independently perform search and compiling data/protocols/information from scientific literature.
- Generation of Data/Reports: Provide accurate, reliable information concerning products, raw materials and packaging components through physical and chemical testing. Maintain a laboratory notebook and complete all documentation with clear and accurate language in adherence with SOP and cGMP. Review, interpret and approve data as well as prepare scientific reports.
- Degree of Independence and Work Efficiency: Perform routine analyses in accordance with written procedures and complex experiments with minimum guidance. Interpret analytical data in regards to acceptability and consistency and help maintain analytical instrumentation. Organize, prioritize and plan activities for assigned projects and manage time effectively to complete assignments within expected time frame.
- Compliance with Regulations: Work safely and maintain awareness of health, environmental and regulatory issues. Possess strong knowledge of GMPs; SOPs; USP; FDA and ICH guidelines; DEA, OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Technique Development and Problem Solving: Possess ability to learn and apply/adapt new technologies. Recommend study design and project strategies. Assist in method development and validation. Independently troubleshoot routine analysis, procedure and/or instrumentation problems with minimum supervision.
- Communication: Timely and effectively communicate analytical results and project status to project team leader. Present data at department or other meetings.
- Supervisor Responsibility: Train new colleagues in laboratory procedures, instrumentation and data analysis. May be responsible for leading scientific project.
This position requires a BS in chemistry or related discipline in order to understand the concepts involved.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
A minimum of 6 years of industrial experience is required to understand the equipment and techniques involved in pharmaceutical analysis. The study of general and topical journals is also necessary to keep current with the latest methodologies and techniques.
Basic computer skills are also required to process analytical data. Good "people skills" are needed because successful interaction with colleagues and superiors leads to faster and better product development.Brief Description/Overview:
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com. No hard copy resumes will be considered.