Research Scientist - Geophysics
Cambridge - |
Schlumberger Gould Research Centre is seeking a research scientist for a permanent staff position in the Geophysics Department’s modelling and inversion programme. We’re looking for a creative, innovative scientist to help us develop next-generation seismic modelling and imaging algorithms. Appointments at both junior and senior levels will be considered.
Develop novel methods for quantitatively imaging the subsurface, including fundamental research and testing of the algorithms on data.
Make independent decisions on technical issues and recommend scientific solutions to specific problems.
Maintain your area of scientific expertise, continually expand your technical knowledge, and keep up to date on developments within your domain.
- Effectively communicate the results of your work, both internally and externally as appropriate.
quote the reference RSGPMI
- PhD in a related discipline or equivalent research experience.
- Knowledge of seismic wave propagation is required.
- Knowledge of imaging and inversion methodologies is required
- Interest in applying and testing new concepts on field data.
Schlumberger has the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a slump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, it...