Research &Technology Center (RTC) is at the heart of Siemens R&D. Its strong technology base makes it a strong in-house partner for innovation. We develop technologies with wide applicability for the Siemens Divisions and help them to successfully bring innovations to market. Our about 1,900 scientists at locations in North America, Europe, and Asia ensure the technological and innovative future of the company.
We are currently seeking a Research Scientist to work in a team with other researchers and engineers to develop innovative data driven solutions that fuse distributed sources of data, perform large scale learning and reasoning, and integrate results in collaborative environments to support the business needs of Siemens companies in energy, industry, and healthcare. Such applications include "Preventive maintenance and anomaly detection of large equipment" such as turbines, trains, buildings, and medical scanners utilizing sensors data, logs messages, and service reports. Integration and analysis of heterogeneous data from multiple sources for business analytics.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in state of the art machine learning and data mining theories and experienced in applying them to large scale commercial, scientific or industrial applications. Proficiency in distributed and cloud computing, stream mining and big data analytics is a plus.
What are my responsibilities?
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Apply state-of-the-art machine learning and data mining methods to real world problems providing competitive advantage to the customer.
- Develop novel solutions to challenging problems in mining large, heterogeneous datasets.
- Quick prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of data analytics software product components.
- Interface with customers to understand algorithm requirements and present results.
- Ph.D. or advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics or equivalent relevant discipline or experience.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in data mining and machine learning with proven record in research and innovative thinking
- 3-5 years of work experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities.
- Well versed in Java and scientific computing (R, Matlab, Python, etc.)
- Experience in processing and analyzing large data sets
- Ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can do attitude.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication ( verbal & written) in English is required.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
What else do I need to know?
- Experience in software design and development in a team.
- Experience in Java SE, Java EE, SQL, C/C++, SAS.
- Experience with big data technologies (MapReduce, Hadoop) and cloud computing.
For more information please refer to our website at www.usa.siemens.com
Siemens - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Siemens AG (Siemens) is engaged in electronics and electrical engineering. During the fiscal year ended September 30, 2008 (fiscal 2008),...