Function: Trait Technology
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Research Scientist - Molecular Biologist
Job ID: 3395
- This position will mainly support the function of molecular characterization of biostress trait gene candidates.
- To work on multiple tasks in support of project goals.
- To be a responsible team member who diligently works to deliver group objectives.
Accountabilities: - A bench scientist who can conduct experiments independently and professionally, interpret results and communicate experimental outcomes clearly and effectively.
- To provide up-to-date biotech knowledge and technical support for biostress trait characterization
- To deliver technical objectives timely in a team environment
- Join troubleshooting activities for scientific challenges
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- MS with three years of work experience, or PhD degree in molecular biology or related areas
- Expert of molecular biology skills and knowledge, especially Northern blot analysis for plant RNA
- Strong knowledge in molecular biology and available tools
- Direct experience or a genuinely strong interest in agricultural biotechnology including all aspects of transgenic work is fundamental to this position.
- Expert of molecular biology skills, such as gene cloning and sequence manipulation
- RNA isolation and mRNA purification are musts, especially Northern blot analysis of plant RNA
- Experience in expressing genes in different expression systems
- Experience in optimizing gene expression levels by adjusting codon usage and RNA stability
- Relevant laboratory experience working with bacteria, yeast, insect and/or plant cells
- Experience of quality management system, collaboration management, and/or skill of handling and dissecting insects is a plus
Critical technical, professional & personal capabilities:
- Strong molecular biology and cell biology-related skills
- Excellent troubleshooting, data analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills for reports and presentations
Critical Leadership capabilities:
- Builds a culture of innovation
- Collaborates across boundaries
- Communicates with impact
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Must be able to work proficiently in a team-based, project-focused, and changing environment.
- Has solid integrated trait knowledge and solutions for the future of biotechnology.
- Has a can-do attitude.
- Enjoys solving technical challenges.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
- Travel = 20 % if needed to address business needs
Local candidates preferred (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC)
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...