This individual is technically capable, fully independent and motivated to move whole projects forward as an independent contributor. They are considered technical experts and have mastered all analytical chemistry and pharmaceutics techniques. They take personal responsibility to ensure that projects stay on schedule and that all work is fully GMP/GLP compliant. They are frequently brought into situations for their expert knowledge and problem solving ability. They frequent the scientific literature looking for new technological approaches. This position will oversee a group of 3-5 individuals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Assess the technological challenge, both analytical as well as manufacturing, of the Generic project as a whole.
Subject matter expert on a broad-base of analytical methods and instrumentation. Keeps current with the latest analytical techniques and research.
Able to work independently on validating a broad-base of analytical methods and instrumentation.
4. Tutors and trains others on troubleshooting a broad-base of analytical methods and instrumentation.
5. Monitor the experimental outcomes for anticipated vs. unanticipated results. They analyze outcomes and using design of experiment (DOE) or other modeling software outline improved experiments focused on proving or disproving hypotheses.
6. Brought into multi-faceted problem solving or strategy teams to resolve wide-ranging problem issues affecting Generic drug development.
7. Review scientific literature searching out new technologies that can be implemented.
8. Represent the Generic drug department at internal and external meetings.
A Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, pharmaceutics or other closely related field plus 6 years experience or a MS in chemistry or other closely related field plus 7 years of experience in a Pharmaceutical company is preferred. A minimum of a BS and 15 years of experience in a Pharmaceutical company is required. Required experience should be in pharmaceutical drug formulation and development. Previous supervisory experience (direct or indirect is also required.
Hospira helps hospitals heal the hurting. The company makes specialty injectable pharmaceuticals (primarily generics) including...