KLA-Tencor Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA-Tencor has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com .
This position belongs to the High-Performance Computing and Algorithms (HPCA) group in the Wafer Inspection Division of KLA-Tencor Corporation. The group is responsible for developing high performance computing systems and advanced real-time image processing algorithms that support multiple wafer inspection product lines within KLA-Tencor's product portfolio.
- Analyze the signal and noise characteristics of current and emerging IC yield limiting defects, formulating algorithmic solutions, and validate them via simulation and prototyping.
- Define the algorithm performance requirements/specifications and apply it to the algorithm design and implementation.
- Work closely with other groups to define software requirements, design software architecture, program software in C/C++, optimize software performance, troubleshoot software problems, and maintain software in current products.
- Act as the algorithm representative during system level hardware/software integration and testing.
- Provide algorithm technical support during product demo and beta testing, work with domain experts from other functional teams on special customer engagement projects.
- Participate in software quality assurance activities required by the HPCA software development process.
- MS/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics or related discipline
- Very strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience in image processing, computer vision or pattern recognition
- Willingness to learn new technologies and take on challenging problems
- Solid theoretical background in signal/image processing, computer vision, computational geometry and pattern recognition.
- Experience in Electronic Design Automation (EDA) and large data structure is preferred.
- 5+ years of research and/or software development experience on Unix/Linux platform and/or Windows platform.
- Experience with all phases of software development cycle and proficiency in C/C++, solid MATLAB programming skills.
- Solid mathematical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player
- Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience. OR
- Master's Level Degree with at least 3 years of relevant industry experience. OR
- Doctorate (Academic).
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
KLA-Tencor - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
KLA-Tencor is hard-core when it comes to hunting down chip flaws. One of the world's largest makers of process control equipment for...