The principal responsibility of the Research Scientist I
is the analysis by multiple procedures of intermediates
and target compounds. The Research Scientist I is
expected to demonstrate expertise in both the
theoretical and practical aspects of analytical
chemistry. A major component in the scientist's
performance rating will be based on productivity.
Maintain familiarity with the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner.
Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations
- Follow responsible actions regarding chemical
at the federal, state, and local levels, as well as
all appropriate SOP’s.
used spectroscopic and chromatographic procedures.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of commonly
effectively and under minimal supervision. Analyze
- Process samples with the standard procedures
experimental data for validity before reporting
manner. Report any malfunction immediately to
- Use and maintain equipment in a neat and orderly
supervisor. Repair minor problems. Maintain service
and calibration records.
experimental records in accordance with GMP and GLP
- Keep contemporary, accurate, legible, and complete
analytical testing. Ensure that data is properly
- Submit complete, documented, and legible reports of
filed and accessible for review in accordance with
quality of products and/or services.
- Recommend and implement methods to increase the
assigned programs and potential problems.
- Discuss routinely with supervisor the status of
concurrently. Use time efficiently to accomplish
- Organize work time so that multiple activities run
immediate task and perform other needed activities.
perform multiple projects effectively, and ensure
- Manage workload and time to enable the incumbent to
all necessary paperwork is completed on a timely
analytical function not directly related to specific
- Volunteer to assist with other tasks in the
training of others.
- Participate in self-development activities and
assigned in the course of business.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably
Science or Pharmacy or equivalent.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree with major in Natural
- Chemical Hygiene training
- Other pertinent training/courses