Responsible for working with the R&D team to develop, enhance, or investigate new and/or existing separation products and technology. Responsible for researching, developing and controlling sorbents, in particular their surface modification in order to convey particular properties useful in separation science. This may include development of new HPLC, SPE and other separation science consumables.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceive, design and develop/evaluate novel, efficient, reproducible, marketable and“scalable” consumable technologies for the separation sciences, in line with company goals.
- Study and understand analytical methods and problems within rapidly growing and/orrelevant strategic areas of separation science in order to drive and direct development efforts.
- Research and develop novel chemistry, coatings, sorbents, and processes that meetcorporate needs.
- Effectively conduct research in surface modification, surface analysis and in understandingtheir implications in chromatographic separations.
- Actively monitor new developments in the field of surface modifications useful to separation science
- Assist the media manufacturing operation in problem solving with regards to processes, equipment and control systems.
- Develop and recommend new processes to achieve cost effectiveness and improved product quality.
- Support technical and manufacturing personnel in the transfer, optimization, scale-up, and troubleshooting of new production methods and SOPs.
- Maintain detailed, accurate, legible records of all experiments, and graph all relevant trend data along with the appropriate controls and blanks.
- Maintain all instruments and equipment in excellent condition, keep all work areas neat and clean, and follow all safety procedures without exception
- Supervise, manage and assign work to research associates and technicians as required for research programs.
- Plans, executes and managers project activities with full responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods and employees.
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- PhD in Organic Chemistry or Polymer Chemistry required.
- Ensures all work is accurate and free of errors / defects
- Requires analytical thinking and presenting ideas
- Sound judgment and reasoning
- Extensive knowledge of HPLC and SPE production
- At least 5 years of Experience in Synthesis and Derivatization of silica and polymer
Phenomenex - 22 months ago
Phenomenex is a global technology leader committed to developing novel analytical chemistry solutions that solve the separation and...