IFDC is seeking a biologist in plant and soil science to guide and coordinate research and innovation as a Research Scientist. This position will be located in Washington, DC and will report to the Executive Director, VFRC. This position is intended for a two year appointment, with an option to extend, at the discretion of the Executive Director.
The Core Competencies:
- Communication : The candidate must demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills as this position will coordinate research carried out by multiple institutions. It is therefore imperative that the incumbent communicate in ways that ensure the smooth integration and synthesis of data. Additionally, this candidate must communicate in a manner sensitive to the needs of a diverse, global community.
- Critical thought : The candidate must possess the ability to judge the scientific quality of research proposals and the capabilities of researchers and research institutes applying for such grants. The candidate must be proactive to identify difficulties arising during project execution and effectively resolve such hurdles for a smooth and timely execution of the project.
- Research support: The incumbent will be required to perform literature review on plant–soil biological processes in relation to nutrition and fertilization and also draft reports and papers on VFRC related topics.
- Candidate must possess a Doctorate in Plant and Soil Science, with a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Candidate must demonstrate a prolific record of publication
- Candidate should have a background of co-coordinating research efforts/projects involving multiple institutes or scientists.
- Candidate should be serving in a research capacity at the time of application submission
- Candidate must possess the ability to articulate a strong ability to synthesize scientific information in a systematic way and create generic overviews of research fields relevant to VFRC
- Candidate must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally, possibly on a frequent basis.
- Working knowledge of French is an asset.
IFDC- International Fertilizer Development - 18 months ago