Lilly is seeking a research scientist to join our cell culture group (within lead Optimization group in Biotechnology Discovery Research). The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating new protein expression technologies, generating mammalian cell lines, optimizing cell growth, viability and recombinant protein expression conditions, and supporting multiple preclinical projects.
- Responsible for protein expression from mammalian cell cultures to support preclinical development projects.
- Troubleshooting protein expression and cell culture problems.
- Identification and implementation of new technologies for protein expression using mammalian cell culture.
- Very close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences/Bioengineering/Chemical Sciences.
- 2-3 years of relevant industrial or academic experience.
- Extensive experience with handling transient and stable mammalian cell lines for protein production.
- Advanced molecular biology experience (e.g. plasmid vector design, construction and sequencing).
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability of working successfully in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Apply Online at:
- Pharmaceutical experience with focus on generation of biotherapeutic proteins.
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated track record of optimizing gene expression in CHO cell lines
- Media optimization experience.
- Scale up experience (e.g. using bioreactors/WAVE).
- Experience with DOE and related software (e.g. JMP).
- Experience with protein analytical platforms (e.g. HPLC, ForteBio/Octet/KinExA, LC-MS, FACS).
ENGINEERING.com - 12 months ago
Eli Lilly and Company discovers, develops, manufactures and sells products in one business segment, pharmaceutical products. The Company...